SRL 1 Short Range Lidar (Infrared sensor)
Typical areas of application:
- Simple anti-collision protection for vehicles of every description (particularly autonomous)
- Positioning, headway control (vehicles of every description as construction machinery, fork lifts, tractors, harvester combines….particularly autonomous as AGV, special transporter, module transporter…)
- Area monitoring system, e.g. of hazardous or non-accessible areas
- Object detection, e.g. in confusing or unclear areas
- General distance and speed monitoring
- Rail traffic technology, approximation aid for bumper
- Handling hot preliminary products (billets and slabs) in steel works
- Automated cut of semi-finished products
The rugged SRL 1 sensor from A.D.C. measures the distance to objects without reflector by using the technique of the time of flight with a very high repetition rate. A special feature of the device is the measurement of distance and velocity of multiple objects in 3 independent measuring channels in close-up range up to 10 m.
- Fast: The SRL 1 dispels with the apparent contradiction between excellent great measuring performance and a high degree of operational safety. The rugged SRL 1 infrared sensor is capable of determining the distance to an object with a very high repetition rate and dependent on the driving speed a possible risk of collision.
- Reliable: The SRL 1 infrared sensor is equipped with a self-monitoring with a cyclic realized self-diagnosis. Hazard incidents of the sensor will be recognized by it self and displayed automatically.
- Cost-efficient: By using the infrared laser technology and the development and mass production in automotive supply industry, the costs are kept low.
The device is fitted with one CAN bus interface as standard. Further interfaces, software adaption, housing and / or hardware adaption are possible on demand and in case of assumption of costs or could be realized by the customer itself. The SRL 1 also could be used for complex measuring tasks.