(*Translation only. The only legally binding version of this document is the German one.)
Use of websites, product liability
The information on these websites is not binding and is provided exclusively for information purposes. It is only of an informative nature and does not represent offers as defined in the relevant legal regulations. More detailed information and contract terms can be obtained from the relevant authorized dealer. It is not possible for a contract relating to goods presented to arise on the basis of the information contained on the website.
The information on these websites and the products and services described in it may be modified or updated by Continental AG at any time without prior notice. Unless expressly stated elsewhere, Continental AG's websites contain no guarantees or information about characteristics whatsoever giving rise to liability on the part of Continental AG, either expressly or by implication, including with respect to the current validity, accuracy, completeness and quality of the information concerned.
Continental AG accepts no liability in connection with its websites. Liability for any direct or indirect loss/damage, claims for compensation and/or consequential damage of whatever kind and whatever the legal basis, suffered as a result of your accessing or using the websites, in particular including the infection of your computer environment with viruses, is hereby excluded.
The existence and fulfillment of obligations and Continental AG's liability for Continental products and services are exclusively governed by the respective contractual agreements concluded with regard to them in conjunction with the current version of Continental AG's standard terms and conditions applicable in each case.
Recording and processing of data
Continental AG only stores personal data relating to users of its websites if consent for this has been given. The only data which is stored relates to the date and time of the visit, the sites visited, the name of the Internet service provider concerned and that of the website from which the user accessed the Continental's websites. Continental AG uses this information to measure website activity, to produce statistics and to improve the services and information provided via the websites. Personal data relating to users for whose utilization they have given their permission is only used for the processing of enquiries or for the purpose for which consent was given, in compliance with the relevant data protection law rules. Continental AG will never supply such data to other companies for their independent use. Continental AG will not supply any company with data (personal or non-personal) for independent use.
When you visit our website, information can be stored on your computer in the form of cookies. Such cookies are used solely for the purpose of optimum website design.You can choose not to accept these cookies in your browser settings. Please note, however, that several functions may then not be available.
Right to information
On application, you are entitled to receive free of charge information about the personal data relating to you which has been stored. You are also entitled to have data corrected, blocked or deleted. If you have a question about this, please contact the Data Protection Office email: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you access sites or files from within our websites and are requested to enter information about yourself, please note that such data is transmitted through the Internet in a unsecured form and could therefore be accessed and manipulated by unauthorized third parties.
Links to other websites
Links to websites operated by third parties are provided as an additional service to you. Such websites are completely independent and beyond Continental AG's control. Continental AG is not liable for the content of any of these third-party websites which you may access via Continental AG websites, and accepts no responsibility whatsoever for the content, the compliance with data protection rules or the usage of such websites.
Worldwide product availability
This website may contain information about Continental products which are not yet available in your country. The presence of such information on this website does not imply an intention on the part of Continental AG to announce that the product will be made available all over the world. Please ask your Continental dealer or representative for more information about future plans for products which are not yet available to you.
Trademarks and copyright
The trademarks and logos ("trademarks") to be seen on these websites are the property of Continental AG or its subsidiaries. None of the information on these websites is to be interpreted as granting licenses or permission to use trademarks. For this, the express written consent of Continental AG is required. The unauthorized use of these trademarks is strictly prohibited. Continental AG will assert its intellectual property rights all over the world subject to the laws applicable in each case.
Copyright © 2010 Continental AG. All rights reserved. All texts, images, graphics, animations, videos, music, sounds and other materials on these websites are subject to the copyright and other intellectual property rights of Continental AG and its subsidiaries. Continental AG owns the copyright for the selection, coordination and arrangement of the materials on this website. These materials may not be copied for commercial use or distribution. Neither may they be modified or passed on to other websites.
Conditions of entry for games
Continental AG (hereinafter called Continental) uses the website www.ContiSoccerWorld.com, as well as other Internet platforms (e.g. Facebook), for various games and other activities, frequently in the form of competitions. Participation in these games and other activities is subject to the following conditions:
§ 1 Registration, data protection
(1) All entrants must register prior to taking part in the games and other activities. This once-off registration procedure involves the provision of data to ContiSoccerWorld and its storage in digital form. Continental reserves the right to refuse registration without stating reasons. The application for registration confirms the entrant’s express agreement to storage of the necessary data for the duration of the competition and until conclusion of all actions relating to it. The entrant is nevertheless entitled to revoke this agreement and thereby withdraw from the competition at any time by sending an email to register@ContiSoccerWorld.com. The entrant’s data will be deleted immediately on receipt of this e-mail notification.
§ 2 Competitions
No entrant may take part in a competition without first completing registration. All persons wishing to take part in a competition must submit an entrance application which must be received prior to the stated closing date. The date and time of receipt of the application are recorded electronically by Continental and this record shall be conclusive.
§ 2a Age and identity of entrants
Entrants must normally be aged 18 years or more. Younger persons over the age of 6 must obtain the permission of their legal representative (parent or guardian). Any person submitting incorrect or untrue data is thereby disqualified from taking part in competitions and other activities.
§ 2b Prohibitions and exclusions
Employees of Continental AG or any of its subsidiary companies, of WM Team Weimar & Michael GbR and all family members related in the first or second degree to employees of the aforementioned companies are excluded from participation in competitions.
Continental reserves the right to exclude any person infringing these conditions of entry from the competition. Also excluded from the competition are persons using prohibited aids or otherwise seeking to obtain advantage by manipulations of any kind whatsoever. In such cases, Continental also reserves the right to disallow prizes already awarded and to demand return or repayment thereof.
§ 2c Competition procedure
(1) Continental and its associates are responsible for organising the competition and selecting the prizes awarded.
Continental and its associates are responsible for deciding the conditions for delivery of the prizes.
(2) Continental will notify prize-winners by e-mail and publish their user names on the websites of its associates. Continental is entitled to supply to its associates those personal data on the prize-winners required for delivery of the prizes. Prize-winners failing to reply to the e-mail notification within four weeks will forfeit their claim to the prize. In this case, the prize will either be awarded to another entrant or donated to charity. Entrants are responsible for ensuring that the data relating to their e-mail and/or postal address are correct.
(3) No entrant may win more than one prize in any competition. For each game Continental defines how prizes can be won.
(4) A tour operator will be responsible for providing the services relating to travel prizes. The tour operator will contact the prize-winner on receipt of the relevant data from Continental. The journey must take place on the dates stipulated by the tour operator. Failure to comply with this condition will result in forfeiture of the prize. On confirmation of the journey by the prize-winner the tour operator’s standard conditions of contract shall apply. The prize-winner shall bear the cost of travel to and from the point of departure (airport, railway station, etc.) and also any out-of-pocket expenses (e.g. minibar, telephone, etc.) incurred during the journey.
(5) Prizes will in no case be paid in cash. Prizes cannot be transferred to third parties.
(6) Complaints must be submitted to Continental in writing, stating the name of the relevant competition, within 14 days of the prize-winner’s becoming aware of the grounds for the complaint. No telephone complaints or complaints received after the stated deadline will be accepted.
§ 2d Premature termination of competitions
Continental reserves the right to abort or terminate competitions at any time without prior notice. It will invoke this right, in particular, in cases where it is no longer possible to guarantee correct competition procedures for either legal or technical reasons (e.g. viruses in the computer system, manipulations or defects in the hard- or software). Should it be discovered that an entrant is responsible for the circumstances resulting in premature termination of a competition, Continental reserves the right to file claims for compensation against that person.
§ 2e Liability
(1) Continental is deemed to have fulfilled all contractual obligations on delivery of the prizes to the prize-winners. It accepts no liability whatsoever for material defects or defects in title.
(2) All announcements of prize-winner’s names are without guarantee.
(3) Continental accepts no liability for damage or loss suffered or alleged by competition entrants attributable to errors, delays or interruptions in the announcements, defects in technical equipment, interruption of service, incorrect data, loss or deletion of data or viruses, except in cases where it can be shown that such loss or damage was caused by deliberate act or gross negligence on the part of Continental, its governing bodies, employees or agents.
Continental accepts no liability for acts committed by the persons excluded under paragraph 3 of this clause.
§ 3 Provision of digital data/information
(1) During the course of the games and other activities, registered entrants (and only these persons) will have opportunities to provide digital data and information, including written information (e.g. chats), images and videos. The entrant bears sole liability and sole responsibility for the legality of these data and information.
(2) Digital data and information must not contain statements of a racist, sexist or defamatory nature or statements glorifying violence or which could be construed as deriding or insulting or similarly offending specific individuals or groups. Any entrant violating this condition will be excluded from the competition forthwith and Continental reserves the right to take further legal action.
(3) Entrants are responsible for ensuring that they have the necessary rights to digital data and information supplied by them. This applies in particular to images and videos, and also to texts not authored by them.
(4) Entrants supplying digital data and information automatically grant Continental the rights to publish these data and information. They are not entitled to claim any remuneration for the granting of these rights. The entrant retains the title to the rights.
§ 4 Miscellaneous provisions
(1) Legal proceedings are barred.
(2) These conditions of entry and the wider legal relationship between Continental and the entrants are governed solely and exclusively by Federal German law.
(3) Should any of the individual provisions in these conditions of entry prove invalid, either now or at a later date, this shall not affect the validity of the remaining conditions.
(4) Continental reserves the right to amend these conditions of entry at any time without prior notice.
(5) Special conditions apply to offline games and activities organised by ContiSoccerWorld.com. These will be announced in advance and must be formally accepted by would-be entrants.