An important boost for the company's growing truck tire business came in 1934 when an agreement placed General Tire on International Harvester's approved original equipment list. And by 1937, General Tire was on the OE list of all major truck manufacturers, providing an entrée by General Tire dealers for replacement and retreading sales.
In its 15th year, 1930, the company added an international page to its ledger, incorporating in Mexico a wholly owned subsidiary, The General Tire & Rubber Company, S.A., of Mexico. Out of this came the company's distinctive international business.
The 1931 acquisition of a 50-percent interest in a tire fabric manufacturing operation, Aldora Mills, Barnesville, GA., and the purchase by 1937 of full ownership, signaled the expansion of General Tire's domestic tire investment, necessitated by an almost incredible upsurge in vehicle registration across the nation.